After working with many entrepreneurs, employees and others out of alignment with their life purpose and having experienced it myself from time to time; I decided to share in the Jeff Foxworthy fashion, how you know if you’re not in sync with your calling.
- You’re tired all the time event when you get enough sleep
- Waking up is hard to do – you hit the snooze button a few too many times
- You’ve lost that lovin’ feelin’ – not in the mood for that or anything – you’re just blah, flat lined
- You or your friends notice your vocal tone has flat lined – there’s no excitement or optimism in it
- You don’t feel excited about life or you’re not optimistic about the future
- You can’t wait to leave your job each day and get home or can’t wait for the weekend
- You collect stuff, have too much stuff or spend too much money on stuff to fill the emptiness inside you
- You eat or drink too much, stuff your face with too much stuff to again fill the empty hole inside
- You take too many vacations to get away – nothing wrong with vacations, I’m a big fan of them – it’s all in the mindset of wanting to go someplace, explore, recharge, refresh or are you running away to escape from your life or are you getting away to add to your life – are you hiding out or living large?
- You hear the words “this is stupid”, “This is insane”, “They should do….” coming out of your mouth way too often
- You catch yourself citing all the ways your boss or your organization “should” be doing their work
- You are shoulding way too much on yourself and others in your personal or professional life
- You’re not making the income you so richly deserve and desire
- You feel like somebody or something is holding you back – you could be more, achieve more, do more
- You’re mentally and emotionally exhausted all the time – your work doesn’t charge you up, it drains you
- You dread Mondays or whatever day of the week is your Monday – you have lower energy on Monday than on Friday
- You keep wishing something would happen in your life to make you happy
- You’ve been ‘retired’ on the job for the past umpteen years, but you keep showing up for work each day
- You just clock in and clock out – you’re physically at work, but mentally you’ve checked out – you only do what they ask of you and not one thing more
- You’ve lost the fun in your life and your sense of humor is waning
- You’re more of a spectator in life rather than a participant
- You’re living in the future too much and not experiencing this moment right now
- You feel like you’ve got something to contribute, but not sure what, why or how
- You’re feeling stuck and don’t know how to get out or move forward
- You lack initiative and drive to do better or do more or serve more
- You look forward to your 10-minute break or you live for your lunch hour and quitting time
- You wait until you leave your job to lead your life
- You only do your job for the paycheck and the money is your only reward
- You wear a uniform or a nametag and hate it
- You wear an embarrassing costume and you’re not on stage as a performer
- You’re constantly being told what to do by incompetent people or somebody in high school as your boss
- You’re not working with people you like, trust, are proud to be around
- You’re not feeling proud of what you do for a living or taking pride in yourself, your image, your life
- You’re not happy and you’re not sure how to fix it or where to turn
- You know you need help to get your act together and are too fearful to quit your job or make a change or ask for help
So there you have the tip of the iceberg for starters. If you recognized yourself in any of those scenarios, then you may not be working in alignment with your life purpose. And if you have no idea of what your life purpose is, then you’re in the right place. My colleague Margaret and I have put together an overview in our free teleclass on how to crack the code to your calling. It’s all in your personal DNA – we just help you see it and show you how to use it to your benefit and the benefit of the world.
Contact me for the link to the call Cracking the Code to Your Calling – learning your life purpose.
As the CEO (Chief Energizing Officer) at Hartful Living including GaiaHart.com and BizBuilderCards.com; I’m a Messenger and Mentor for women entrepreneurs, connecting them to their capacity to energize their work and their lives in the art of living Hartfully. At BizBuilderCards.com, you can make a living through giving with greeting cards and gifts to build your network net worth as an additive to your current business or an easy way to send gratitude and kindness to the world.