Beating the Tax System by Being Your Own Boss: Savvy Business Owner’s Secrets to Keep More of What You Make: 30 Tips in 33 Minutes
30 Tax Tips in 33 Minutes – you can’t beat that.
Looking for a better way to hold on to more of your money at tax time? If you’ve ever wondered how you can keep more of what you make or had to pay Uncle Sam at tax time, then this teleclass is for you. If you’re an experienced or emerging entrepreneur, or just pondering the jump into starting your own business, then this session is for you. If you’re not sure why you would take on having your own business, or how it would help you at tax time, this course is for you.
Frank Winn and Gail Hahn are both successful, savvy business owners for many, many years and have learned from some of the best tax professionals on how to keep more money in their pockets at tax time by knowing the rules and using them to their advantage. Nope, they’re not tax professionals themselves, just experiences entrepreneurs who have hired the experts and have learned the ropes over the years.
They will reveal 30 tax tips in 33 minutes so you can reap the benefits of knowing some of the ways you can take legal deductions for your legitimate business expenses. We don’t cross the line; we just snuggle up to it. Loopholes were made to jump through and we will reveal to you 30 strategies you can save more on your tax bill. Of course there are about 60,000 pages of tax code – we’re just divulging some of the biggies where you can benefit if you have a business of your own. We’re in it to win it with our own business and we want you to join the entrepreneurial revolution and beat the tax system.
So if you’re just thinking about starting your own business or have one and want to turbo-charge your tax savings, join us for this fast-paced teleclass on Thursday, 8 April at the numbers and times listed below. The call will be 33 minutes of tax tips and if you want to stay with us for another 10 minutes, we will share an easy way to start your own business and claim your piece of the pie as a business owner. Simple, safe, no worries, no pressure – just letting you know we’ve found what CNBC and the E! TV networks have called America’s Best Product. Come see what it’s all about and learn a little something to make your life better too.
The number for this call is 218-339-7777, pin 7668800. Please dial in a few minutes early so we can start on time. The call starts promptly at 6pm Pacific/7pm Mountain/8pm Central and 9pm Eastern on Thursday evening 8 April 2010 in the comfort of your own space.
This call will be recorded. The recording number to access the call after it is completed on 8 April is: 218-339-2487, pin 7668800#, they will ask for the recording number: 0408#
If you want to save 10% on more Tax Reduction Secrets and How to Save Money on Taxes Big Time resources, books, tapes and programs by a former IRS Trainer, CPA and Attorney, use the coupon code: gailhahn when you purchase something from The Tax Reduction Institute. Their products make your life less taxing.
It’s time for some new mojo for 2010. I took a self-battical in the fall to re-energize and revitalize how I wanted to inspire, educate and encourage others to enable their dreams and potential. As a Certified Speaking Professional and Author, it’s easy for me to take the stage or take to the keyboards. Speaking to Fortune 500 Corporations, Associations, Private and Public Organizations for over 13 years with Fun*cilitators has given me many insights into the energy of an organization.
Organizations are made up of people and the organization cannot be revitalized if the people are not energized – from the executives to the employees. Entrepeneurs are the same. For many entrepreneurs, they ARE their business – they are the product or service, so how can any of us serve others if we don’t have it to give out.
If we don’t take care of ourselves and recharge our energy stores, then we can’t give what we don’t have. My years of coaching entrepreneurs in the network marketing industry has taught me over and over again that not only can we not motivate others, we cannot give them energy – both are inside jobs. But we can offer ways to create an energized and motivating environment. We can tap into their WHY, their style, their nature and how they naturally show up for life and then offer systems, tips, tactics, strategies and ways of being that will work with each individual’s preferences. Be it organizational, image, space, right/left brain integration, bio-rhythms and type of work, outcome and lifestyle they desire.
I’ve been creating a series of tele-classes to pin-point the different areas we can energize in our lives so we can revitalize our whole lives by finding the drains, plugging them and then plugging into something greater to lead us to our most fully expressed and energized selves. Energized entrepreneurs and executives effuse energy into their work and their organizations and that is precisely what this economy needs is creative leaders, movers, shakers and thought leaders who have the energy to take others with them. It’s all an upward spiral breeding success.
Announcing the Energized Entrepreneur/Energized Exec tele-class series. I am offering a series of tele-classes throughout the year on topics to energize your work, wealth and well-being. Some classes will be hosted by moi and others will have guest experts from different areas so all aspects of your life from your space, stuff, time, goals, wealth, relationships, health, image, shadow self, marketing,business, and organizational preferences.
Each series is 6 tele-classes over 3 weeks. Each series will cover a variety of the areas mentioned above depending on the guest speakers. Starting dates are in February, details to follow. I will be setting up an Energized Entrepreneur/Exec Facebook group as well.
I will be hosting Energy Escapes – small group revitalization retreats for 2.5 days at a resort in Vegas for a select group of women entrepreneurs and executives to take their lives to the next level and discovering and uncovering your true Energy Identity and how to move through the world with your Energy Elements to be successful and energized in all areas of your life. Limited to 12 members. Specific dates to follow.
I’m offering personal VIP programs (exclusive 2-day personal coaching at a resort in Vegas) for just you or you and a few friends who are serious about getting a total Energy Makeover to improve your work, wealth and well-being. All VIP programs are customized to your needs within the framework of the Energy Identity Program. VIP programs are for individuals or up to 3 of their friends to ensure the most customized attention.
Energized Entrepreneur/Exec Coaching Circle is a 90-day coaching program that includes the tele-class series as well as a monthly group coaching call plus a bonus call for group members. This coaching circle is limited to 8 members.
Call me at 866.Fun.at.Work or email me at Gail@GailHahn.com for more details on these new programs to revitalize lives. I am offering limited-time introductory rates and pay plans on all inaugural programs.
Looking forward to helping your make 2010 a 10!
I don’t know anybody who isn’t somewhat affected by the economic times, no matter where they live. And it takes courage, foresight, insight, hind-sight and sometimes outta-sight thinking to rise above the noise and keep moving forward to make it better.
In tough times we are being called to cultivate qualities that weren’t there before. Our soul can now develop qualities that couldn’t have unfolded without such times as this. Remember that it takes tons of pressure to make diamonds. We all react differently under pressure – how are you reacting? How are you pro-acting? How are you acting in the face of some large or small adversity?
Yep, we may have to dial things down, take stock, look around for opportunities and then take action. Take massive action. Action is what produces change and I believe it’s us entrepreneurs who are going to get this economy going again. It also adds to your feelings of worth and energizes you when you can do good and do well and help others do the same.
It’s during these times when mind-shifts happen and when we learn the way of making the universe bigger for all is in giving, it’s when we can give thanks for the qualities that have emerged during the pressure. It’s not always fun, welcomed or enjoyed. Sometimes it sucks….badly….. but often our opportunities come disguised as adversity…. how are you going to look at your circumstances and how are you going to change them for the better? And remember that our net worth is not equal to our self worth – we’ve all lost some of our net worth lately and thank goodness we didn’t lose our self worth!
There are a couple different ways to look at what the economy and most Americans are going through right now – a recession or a transition. I’ve always chosen to see what we can learn from a situation and the more positive outcomes of a not-so-positive- at- first-glance situation.
As my mentor, Million Dollar Wealth Acceleration Coach, David Neagle explained to us one day, it’s merely the winter season in the life of the economy. We’ve had our excesses, our Spring and our harvest and now is merely a time to re-group and transition the way we do our life, the way we do our business in order to thrive. Some won’t make it through the winter and some will thrive as they adapt to it. You can catch a part of his teachings through his complimentary 4-part audio series The Art of Success. It will whet your appetite for more learning on the new way of doing business in today’s economy.
I figure it’s similar to the ‘mid-life crisis’ – you can either look at it as a crisis or as a mid-life metamorphosis and a transition into something different and yes, even better complete with all the wisdom you hopefully gained in the earlier years. So crisis, schmisis, I say let’s look forward to change and transition and making us pay attention and shake things up. It’s a time in your life where you get permission to go crazy, do things out of character, try something new and different, be who you want to be regardless of what anybody else things. Age gives us that permission.
Having moved 26 times in the past 30 years in Europe and the US, I’ve experienced a few transitions. My advice would be to travel light, be flexible, keep an open mind to learning and how to adapt to your new environment. Look around at your new space and only keep what serves you best. If it doesn’t serve who you are currently or who you are becoming, jettison it immediately. The same in business, if it isn’t working, then move on to something new that still stays true to your authentic self and your higher purpose. All the other stuff is just noise and distraction and holding you back.
How are you doing your life differently now? How is your business or marketing changing to fit the new times? How are you thinking differently to adjust? Times have changed and we need to change with them if we expect to embrace the new economy. Cash is still flowing – I see it in Vegas every day. High-end products are still being sold and bought and those with the right perspective and insight will see their way to the next season. Stay tuned for future teleclasses, VIP Sessions and Energy Escapes I’ll be hosting on how to Energize Your Life at Every Level.
Here’s the thing – if you’re working out of desperation, it drains your energy, wears down your psyche and saps your soul. If you’re only working for the money, it won’t work for you. It’s not fulfilling. Work was never meant to do just for money. Work was something performed so we could fully express whatever it was we needed to fully express and the pay was the by-product of sharing our knowledge, skills, abilities, gifts and talents. Working out of inspiration builds our resilience to what the world throws our way. Working out of desperation drains our resilience reserves.
If you’re working out of inspiration, your energy soars, your soul sings, you feel fulfilled and you share your gifts and blessing with the world and give value and in return you get value back in many different forms. Yes, that includes money.
Money is currency and currency is energy so when you give out lots of energy, you receive it back, because energy never goes away, it just changes form. It’s about giving of ourselves, giving our inspired energy and giving value, then let the energy flow back as it may.
I’ve found I need to be working out of inspiration and have chosen to align myself with companies that inspire me and that offer a way to make a living through GIVING vs. GETTING. That’s why my heart work (not hard work) is through www.BizBuilderCards.com because I get to do my art, be creative and fully express my message and feelings to make people’s days and help make their dreams come true.
What do you get out of the relationship with your job? Why do you show up each day and what do you want to accomplish? Do you have a master plan for showing up for life, or are you just clocking in and clocking out? I’m sure you know of colleagues who have retired years ago, but they just keep showing up for work each day to collect a paycheck.
What can you do to get inspired about your work? Make a list of what you do and don’t like about the different qualities and characteristics of your profession or your job. What can you change about it to make it more inspiring? What can you do to inspire others. As Zig Ziglar, the famous grandfather of motivation speaking so eloquently states: If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.
What are you doing to help other people get what they want and get where they want to go? Are you embracing empathy and kindness into your day? What would you do in emergency situations and how far would you go to do the right thing?
Are you working out of inspiration or desperation? What would it take to be inspired? Are you inspiring those you work with and work for? Are you inspired by them? Are you filling up your resilience reserves by keeping inspired and finding more ways to be inspired? Or are you phoning it in, waiting to clock out and retire? What would need to change for you to be living an inspired life?
Sunday evenings seem to be a time to get revved up for the coming week. It’s at this time when I tend to think about these 3 simple things that will energize me for the coming week – moving me forward in creating the life I want to lead.
- Edit: What can I edit from my life this week? A material object, thoughts, habits, behaviors, people, work or activities that don’t serve me well any more. It could be an article of clothing, a negative perception, a food, an annoying or sniggly trait. Let it go and move on to greener pastures. What is holding you back or what is causing your stress that you need to edit? Where are your bottlenecks or frustrations? Do you have excesses in your life that you need to edit or dial down? How about unfettered consumerism, debt, or unbridled shopping or retail therapy that is out of control. Edit your perspective on your point of enoughness, your needs and wants.
- After all my moves, I’ve realized you can’t just edit once and be done with it for material things. Life changes and your needs, wants and priorities change. That’s why I keep going back to re-edit and simplify. Pare down to the essence of what it is that creates joy and happiness in your life and edit out the clutter – internal or external clutter.
- Add: What can I add to my life that will bring me more joy, happiness, energy, health, wealth or whatever. Reinvent one thing such as perceptions, creations, activities, objects, recipes, people, business contacts, a route to work or walk, a new friend, new music or a new book. How about adding new beliefs or trading some of the old beliefs that may not be true to you now for what works for you as an adult. Take inventory of what your parents taught you that worked when you were 8 or 18, but not when you’re 48. Times have changed and our thought processes and perhaps some beliefs should change as well. Our beliefs rule our behaviors and our results. What can you add or edit in that area? What might be missing in your life that you’d like to add for a fuller, richer experience on Earth?
- Appreciate: What or who needs more appreciating this week? More fully appreciate someone or something and say your gratitude out loud or to yourself for these things. Act on your promptings. Send a card right now to somebody who needs to hear from you: send me an email and I’ll show you how to send a free card at Gail@BizBuilderCards.com. The more you do it, the more it gets ingrained into your brain. Do this one on a daily basis for even more impact than weekly and this can become a new habit that you add which adds to other people’s lives. Appreciate your surroundings, show your acknowledgement to those who serve you, rejoice in your beautiful environment. If it’s not so beautiful – add to it or edit to make it so. Who needs to hear from you today or who needs appreciating?
If you are faced with personal or professional decisions and feeling stuck, or if you feel that your decision may not have turned out how you would have liked; take a look at what may be keeping you stuck. Are you mired in ambivalence or scared to make a decision because you are fearful of the unknown? Is it sucking the energy out of you going over and over in your head about “what if” when faced with a big decision?
Don’t allow “what if” to stop you by thinking of things you fear happening. Let “what if” help you sprout wings to soar beyond your imagination can take you. Ask “what if” to bask in possibility thinking and dwell in the realm of creative, faith-based thought. Having faith that what you desire will be met with the resources to make it come true.
We waste loads of emotional energy on decision making, whether it be for work or for our well-being. We know emotion is actually energy in motion and emotional energy makes up about 70% of our total energy. That’s why you may still feel tired after getting much rest if your brain is working overtime dealing with emotional issues.
Are you making your decisions based on fear or faith? We usually get stuck because we are paralyzed by the fear of the unknown and the fear of letting go of what once was and moving on to what could be. We’ve got to reach a point where the fear of the unkown is much less than the current situation. Having faith that your decisions will met positively, faith in yourself for making good decisions based on your instincts and information gathering, and faith that the universe is abundant and will provide for you, if that’s what you desire.
Making decisions based on fear means not going down the path you really want, your outcomes fall short, you short-change yourself, you’re not really truly satisfied – you feel you’ve settled. You are left with a wanting something better. You’re playing not to lose instaed of playing to win. Decisions based on fear leaves you still wanting for more because it isn’t exactly right – there is lack.
Making decisions based on faith keeps you moving forward. Making decisions based on faith may seem awkward at first, but then becomes powerful beyond belief. Decisions based on faith feels like you arrived, it feels right and it feels good. It is empowering. Fear is only in our minds anyway – it’s only a perception, so let it go. Thank it for making you aware and then release that feeling and move forward in faith. It will energize you to no end.
So what is holding you back from a big decision? What decisions would you make if you could do no wrong? What would you do to move forward in your personal or professional life if you had the faith it would work out? I may have mentioned it before and it’s worth repeating: It all works out in the end. If it’s not working out, it’s not the end.
Have you ever had any “I’ve Had It” moments? Those moments that you know are the turning point of your not tolerating something one more time? It’s the time you make a decision that your life will change from that moment on. It all starts with awareness, then a decision, and finally action towards something else.
I’ve experienced several of those moments recently and looking back at turning points in my life, they stemmed from those moments that I decided in faith and not in fear that I would no longer tolerate the current status quo.
Here are some of my moments:
- Saying goodbye to the W2 life of a j-o-b and hello to the entrepreneurial lifestyle. You don’t get vacation days, you don’t get sick pay, you don’t get your medical insurance covered, but you get your life. I preferred not to be held hostage to other people’s policies for a dental plan to gain my freedom and create my own security.
- Ending toxic relationships – business partnerships, bosses from hell, jerks, personal connections, firing clients. If people are making your life harder rather than easier and they bring you more stress, hurt, hardship, and disrespect than peace, love, happiness and support; then I make some hard decisions and walk. If your sanity or self worth are short-changed in the presence of particular people, lace up your running shoes and exit stage right. Some people are meant to be in your life for a reason, a season, or forever. It’s our task to decide which one it is and gracefully let go if the answer is not forever.
- Not tolerating airport shuttle vans. After over 20 years of traveling 3-8 times per month, being herded like cattle, whiplash at every turn and being subjected to every hotel and terminal stop, I decided to ride in the backs of cars and hire a sedan service from now on. My nerves, my time, my comfort are all saved because of it. What is your time, comfort and sanity worth to you?I’m thinking I should have made this wise decision about taking care of myself in this matter years ago.
- Never again staying at hotels with slippery polyester bedspreads and deluxe velux blankets. Life is too short not to be ensconced in down with nice sheets and pillows. It’s worth it to me to feel supported and cared for when I travel. If we don’t take care of ourselves, who else will do it? I’ve decided I like how I’m treated at some properties over others and I just feel better when I’m in that type of environment. Being welcomed into clean, fresh, polite, friendly, lush environments is rejuvenating after a stressful day.
- I will only live in an inspirational environment that supports who I am becoming as well as who I am now. I won’t tolerate being trapped in my home because of the hot or cold climate. That means surrounding myself with beauty, peace, quiet, great climate,wonderful people, fabulous views and with a simplified palette of the things that bring me joy – namely photos of people and places from a life well lived. How does your environment support who you are now or who you are becoming? Or is it a mere reminder of who you used to be, old ways of thinking, old styles, past lives of who you used to be? I once craved a house full of European antiques. I collected them when I lived in Europe for 10 years and then had to build a house around all of them when I returned stateside. After living with my dream for 20 years, I recently decided they weren’t me any more and divvied them out to friends and dealers. Now I enjoy my fun, simple, minimized furnishings that speak to my style of Comfortable Vitality. It’s refreshing.
Making decisions based on the faith that your situation will be better for it, that you can manifest what you need that supports you better and believing you deserve it can take you to a new level of living. Making decisions based on fear that you can’t afford it, don’t deserve it, what will people think, who do you think you are, or fear that if you let go of one thing another something better won’t appear, doesn’t serve you well.
Become aware of your “I’ve Had It” Moments and recognize when your tolerance level has hit the high water mark. Then take action to change it so you can energize your life for the better. You can’t live to your greatest fulfillment if you keep tolerating things, people, places, situations that don’t support you in your true path. I believe these things are put in our lives to irritate us into making a decision to choose otherwise and to choose our right path that leads us to a better life.
What are you choosing to do? What are you choosing to walk away from or not tolerate any more? What are you choosing to walk toward after you’ve experienced one of those moments? What are you scared of if you are ambivelant about walking away? When you feel stuck, it’s usually because you won’t yet let go of the old before embracing the new. Recognize any patterns of your stress or physical, mental or emotional discomfort. If the patterns continue, those are clues leading up to an “I’ve Had It” moment…. you will know what to do. Then make a decision and take action.